• Welcome to ozBMW.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozSkoda.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The other popular BMW Forum in Australia

Archy13

Hi everyone,
I just had a bizarre experience with that other popular BMW forum, I don't think I need to name it.
Anyway, I simply asked what is the best OBD scanner for a 1 Series available in Australia, without having to pay for the software etc.?
So this guy replies with non interpretable nonsense and basically trolls me. I then report him. I should have looked at his profile, because it turns out he's one of the senior admins/moderators 😂
I've experienced a lot of power tripping on technical forums over the years, but this takes the cake, how pathetic. He even called me a bot!???
I'd appreciate it if anyone does have a helpful answer to my question... I mean, unless I get instantly banned from this one. I am sincerely just trying to help my 87 year old father with his BMW.
Thanks.
Jeremy.

strange.. welcome to our forum.

OBDFusion is a popular one, but none of the cheap ones work on all models and will show you all codes from what I understand.

I ended up buying a cheap odb Bluetooth adapter and using torquepro for Android, but again very basic and missed codes that my independent found when he scanned with a proper tool.

If you are prepared at spending a few hundred $$$, then quite a few 'ebay' options, but you need some pc experienceto get them working.

a lot of the time if you just need a decent scan once off, then it's easier/cheaper to go to an independent and just pay them a few $$$ for a scan.

Sent from my SM-S926B using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. I was going round in circles because there is not cheap way out, so I'll tell him to take it to a dealer. I'd go the PC route, but my elderly cat p**sed on my laptop 😄 no joke. Nothing gets chocolate out.

your cat pisses chocolate???? that's almost as good as the goose that lays the golden egg!!

Take it to a good independent, they should be cheaper than a proper dealer and normally more friendly to show you the results.

Sent from my SM-S926B using Tapatalk

Back