• Welcome to ozBMW.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozSkoda.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

My New BMW 320D

TG DAVEY

Hello to all BMW fans on this thread from a new member.

About myself: Previous vehicles..... Valiant VE V8.......WRX 2.2 closed deck engine 240Kw ATW.......Holden VZ HSV 6 Litre V8 and now finally a BMW that I worked so hard all my life to save up and purchase.

I come from an Auto Engineering background, loved performance car and hold great respect for them. The BMW is no exception.

I cannot believe the quick responsive power a 2 litre Diesel can give until I drove my BMW 320D prior to purchasing it. I never use full pedal when passing another vehicle. In fact I slowly push my Acc pedal down and by the time I reach half throttle the car has generated an enormous amount of pace causing me to brake to knock the speed off.

My Bimmer: 2013 BMW 320D Sport Line. I have had fitted Navigation Professional with BMW ConnectedDrive and 3D maps which can cause brain overload to understand all the modules it offers. I believe BMW Connected Drive and all of its features will come online mid 2014 but some are saying 2015?????

I did not like looking down searching for the IDrive Controller while driving so purchased the FSC Code to activate voice control and I tell you it is dam amazing not having to take my hands of the steering wheel.

As you can imagine as a motor mechanic I have driven many cars in my life time but nothing like this.

I can describe my new BMW as The Power and the Glory. Here is a pic of me packing the new BMW at the Motel in Melbourne ready to drive home (NSW)

My BMW 320D.jpg
Cheers,
TG

welcome mate, yes, diesel has come a long way in recent years.

Nice to see you are a star wars fan (I'm presuming that's a lightsaber in your hands!)

welcome mate, yes, diesel has come a long way in recent years.

Nice to see you are a star wars fan (I'm presuming that's a lightsaber in your hands!)
I thought it was a lightsaber at first too, but I think it's actually an umbrella. Looks too wide to be a lightsaber haha.

Yes guys it is in fact an umbrella. BMW Melbourne gave it to us along with a smick chrome key ring mascot. I was so glad to drive it out of the city without dinging it. So much to play with inside the car. I had to wait till I got home to work it all out.

Come to think of it, the chick in the motel room next door to me was smick also. She had plenty to play with also.:thumbs_up:

My New Baby
320D M Sport

Innovation Package:
* Heads Up Display
* Park Distance Control
* Anti Dazzle Exterior Mirrors
* Surround View including Top View
* Parking Assistant
* Driving Assistant
* Lane Change Warning
* Comfort Access with Hands Free Boot Opening

M Sport Pack - Adaptive Syspension.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20141017_080946.jpg
    20141017_080946.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
nice! How's the adaptive suspension? Did you get a umbrella/lightsaber with this one :wave:

No umbrella or extras with this car. I screwed them so hard :062802beat_prv:
The adaptive suspension is nothing short of amazing. It certainly firms up when shifting into Sports Mode. Love the way I can sit back and put my hands behind my head and become a passenger when driving assist is activated in multi lanes. :clap:

New BMW M2 is close.

Pick up date 16/04/2016

Very excited.....!!!!:excited: :rofl1: :bounce_colour: :2cool: :bowdown: :drinks: :jump::clap::biggrin3::arms::thumbs_up::cool:

very nice, the wait must be killing you!!!!

My business partner keeps on threatening to buy one after his drive day at EC..

very nice, the wait must be killing you!!!!

My business partner keeps on threatening to buy one after his drive day at EC..

You hit the nail on the head about the wait. Ordered it November last year and each day seems to get longer as I approach the delivery date.

FYI: My order is BMW M2 (not pure) with the only option sunroof as the car comes loaded with options as standard.

Im pleased I ordered it early as the first and I believe the last allocation for 2016 is sold out in Australia.

So this simply means if your business partner orders now he will have to wait until 2017.

The showrooms will not see these cars it seems.

I have purchased a truck load of scotch 3M painters tape to protect the front to drive it back home (600Klm)

You know what I mean (road works and semis)

Will post some photos.

Back