Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My 1988 320i E30

Thanks
    Blog Entries

good to see you back mate. It's always good to hear what people are doing. The wife keeps on wanting to move to the country, and one of my conditions is that I get a big enough garage to be able to put in a hoist so I can also do some of these projects (maybe I should also be putting in the budget for the tools I also need!)

Thanks

Me: Racecar?
    Also me: Racecar!

So plans now are, keep going with the engine replacement, get the old one out, take off the good bits and put them on the replacement motor and jam it back in.

I just took out the rear seats and belts and will get that mod plated and get some dry-ice to get rid of that pesky sound deadener.

Wrap these BMW meshies in some slicks, those Kumho Ecsta V70As look like a good option from International Tyre Trader, $1175 delivered.

Weld in a half cage and get a pair of bucket seats from the front.

I have a set of stockies for driving to/from the track so finally I will just need to re-register it as a 2 seater.

Exciting plans for the future for sure!
    20371186_1282040105240672_909142110_n.jpg

Thanks
    Blog Entries

sounds great mate... one day... one day

Thanks

Still haven't got around to swapping in the engine, but I folded up the carpet and removed the sound deadener from the back seats and back floor and also the sound deadener from the boot, that was really thick, had to be at least 15-20kg in the boot alone. I didn't use dry ice, instead I used a hair dryer and scraper which worked really well. Interior all back together now and I'll probably end up taking it to a mechanic to swap the engine, realistically I don't have the knowledge to swap the engine myself, so I'll leave it to a professional.