Details about the drivetrain of the BMW i4 have been revealed well ahead of it going on sale globally from 2021.The i4 will be powered by a 390kW electric motor, which, as BMW is keen to point out, is a few kilowatts shy of the 4.4-litre twin-turbo V8 used in the X5 M50i and others.According to the automaker, the i4 should be capable of completing the 0-100km/h dash in around four seconds and will have a top speed of over 200km/h.Equipped with a 80kWh battery pack weighing around 550 kilograms, the i4 will have a driving range of up to 600 kilometres.Hooked up to a 150kW charger, the i4's battery can be topped up to 80 per cent within 35 minutes.As we've seen in spy photos and official teasers, the new i4 is a four-door "coupe", or Gran Coupe in BMW parlance.It should share a lot in common with the upcoming 4 Series Gran Coupe, although some distinct styling elements, such as a closed-off grille and lift-up door handles, will be used to distinguish the two vehicles.The i4 will be built in Munich alongside the 3 Series.MORE: BMW i4 coverageMORE: BMW news, reviews, comparisons and videos

More...