Thread: Hi - My name is Kaan - I love 135i's

Red face Hi - My name is Kaan - I love 135i's

Hi All,

Name is Kaan, I'm from Melbourne, love cars and I'm currently in the process of looking for a 135i Coupe to buy and have a little toy to fiddle around with.

Had quite a few cars in my time and I just want something that I really enjoy driving and making my own. Any advice on what to look out for and common issues etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Planning to do any mods and upgrades on a DIY capacity and since I am really new to the BMW world, I would love to pick the brains of all of you out there that have been there and done that.

Anyway, I hope to be as active as I can on the forum and hopefully get to know some of you well.

Thanks

Thanks

Welcome to the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Welcome Kaan.

Good car for mods... As it's a turbo, lots of options for tuning to get the best bang for buck... then suspension, brakes, the list goes on!!

Thanks guys.

Now the big question. In your opinion N54 or N55? Is the LCI gearbox an improvement? I can't get a manual because the mrs can't drive manual. We may have to share every now and then, because I do love to drive her car as well.

I've read a whole heap on both engines. But I'd like your opinions. Which one is more worth it.

Thanks heaps

Thanks

Depends on what mods you want to do my friend..

N54 with twin chargers, will cost more if you want to swap them out for bigger units..

Having said that, you get 'more' out of turning the twins that you will with a single.

Interesting article here..
    https://www.bmwn54tuners.com/n54-vs-n55-comparison/

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    Depends on what mods you want to do my friend..

N54 with twin chargers, will cost more if you want to swap them out for bigger units..

Having said that, you get 'more' out of turning the twins that you will with a single.

Interesting article here..
    https://www.bmwn54tuners.com/n54-vs-n55-comparison/

Great read, thanks for that Davo. Leaning towards the N54. I don't want to do too many things to it. It will be my daily as well. I'd drive around a total of 80km inc to and from work.

What car have you got atm Davo, and what have you done to it?

Thanks

I live on the dark side... Audi...

Have a 2008 V8 S5..... Added a supercharger (1740), suspension mods, cold air intake, exhaust etc.... not bad for a daily drive :-)

Why am I running ozBMW, well, it's part of the group of sites. ozAudi was the start, then ozVolks, ozBMW and finally ozSkoda...

My business partner is the bmw fanatic, has a V8 M3, M5 and a M2 with a few mods... :-)

I love them all, wish I could have the best from each mark, but I live in the real World unfortunately