Thread: X5 M-sport with 143k kms and full BMW service history

Thanks

Default X5 M-sport with 143k kms and full BMW service history

Hi everyone.
    I'm currently in the market for anew bigger car and the X5 is one of the cars that I'm going to be looking at.At the moment we have a Audi A3 Sline, but now we have a toddler a another babydue in September we need to upgrade.
    After reading through so many postand reviews on Google I get the feeling there are a few people out there whodon't like Euro cars. I'm originally from Scotland and love them , hence thereason I've had our Audi for close to 10 years.
    I've never owned a BMW but I'm justwondering if a 2014 BMW X5 M-sport with 143k km might not be worth it. We aregoing to see it Wednesday and I will be having a good look through the servicebook to see what's work has been done to it over the years. I will also get acar history check and if we do love it I will have it inspected before we buyit. Is there anything to look out for , or have you heard of certain componentsthat may need fixed on a X5 with this many kms on it ?
    Hopefully I hear some feed backbefore Wednesday.
    Thanks for your time .
    Cheers,
    Christopher.

Thanks

Hi Chris,

That's quite a few kays for a 2014..averaging 23,000 kays a year... I'm assuming most of this was country driving?

Looking on carsales, they go from $45K to $70K, so a lot of range.

What models is that, the m_sport on?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/res...9.%29&limit=12

Thanks

Hi Davo.

Thanks for the quick response. the model is xDrive30d F15 auto 4x4 and priced at just under $45k. I'm not sure if the kms have mostly been racked up on country driving or freeway driving. I also feel its high Kms that's why I thought I better join this page and asked the question.

cheers
    Christopher

Thanks

sounds high for the age. I'm assuming that warranty is out, so that's always the catch.
    We just purchased a second hand Renault Meganne wagon GT200 (turbo), but it had 2 years left on the 5 year warranty, so what ever (mostly) goes wrong, should be covered.. Already had it back this week for a few 'checks' and fixes.

What's the competition like on that exact model on carsales? For the high Kay's, I would say it should be at the bottom of the price range, assuming the 'condition' of the rest of the cars are similar.

If the cars in immaculate condition inside and out, then the high kays I would say are less of a worry (as it should show that the car has been looked after).