Thread: fan

Thanks

Default fan

Hi
    My 318i e46 2000 model BMW the air con /fan control buttons module has a small fan
    mounted internally should this fan shut down when ignition is turned off as the one in mine
    continues to run and the only time it stops is either the battery is disconnected
    or the fuse removed as had the battery go flat after sitting for a few days this must be a draw on the
    battery ??many thanks for any help

Thanks

All good wind down driver window lock up car and then wait 16minutes yep 16 min
    and the internal fan STOPPED so all good thanks for veiwing

Thanks

I wouldn't be surprised if it stayed on for a small while, but 16 minutes sounds way too long... Does it go off when you open your door?

It could be this problem:

Don't see that often but my guess would be the Final Stage Resistor mounted on the blower motor or the relay. In your car, fuse 81 covers the relay and motor/resistor. Try unplugging Fuse 20 first. It powers the IHKA (control module). If it's still running, unplug Fuse 81 to cut the power to the blower.

Did it keep happening after you reconnected the battery (battery nap)?

Here is the pin out info. See the Fuse info under my pictures. Your pin out info will be towards the bottom of all the info if you get that keep into it.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=2003822

Thanks

May be crossed wires (no pun intended ) the fan is the little fifty cent sized internally mounted in the control
    module circuit board that must suck air into the module to 1 cool the board 2 to check the cabin temp for the climate control