Hi Gals/Gents,

I am new to the community and this is my first post.

I have had my heart set on a Z4 3.0si Coupe for some time, and this year I would like to purchase a fine example. I am in absolutely no hurry and won't mind if it takes me all year to find the right one.

I was hoping anyone knowledgeable of these cars could shed some light on the;

Model differences throughout the years
Options that were available for each year
Whether the version of Bluetooth standard in the Coupe connects to modern phones and could it stream music or simply handle phone calls only
Any other things you believe worth noting that I should keep a lookout for (anything recalled, items that wear easily, other weak-points, and are there any aftermarket options common to the vehicle that one might recommend)

I checked out a Z4 last week in Melbourne - it was peculiar in that it housed in the dash a small square, orange-coloured text LCD screen, which had a menu item (among others) for Navigation - but it didn't have the pop up screen in the top section of the dash (which makes me wonder how/where the Navigation comes from - perhaps it was audio only?) As it turns out the screen was malfunctioning so no selection was possible, the tiptronic paddle shift mode continued to engage after the transmission had been set to 'auto', and the interior had more wear and tear than I would be comfortable accepting). Needless to say I did not purchase the vehicle.

Any and all information you could provide on the above would be greatly appreciated, and I look forward to being a part of an enthusiast community dedicated to the love of BMWs Australia-wide.

Best,

AAA