Thread: (QLD) Need advice on selling a personalised licence plate

Question (QLD) Need advice on selling a personalised licence plate

Does anyone have any idea where the best place to sell a (relatively rare) BMW-related QLD licence place?

PPQ used to have annual auctions for rare plates, but I believe they stopped a few years ago.

I was thinking of contacting my local BMW dealer to sell it through them, but even then, the exposure would be fairly limited to just a small area.

Do BMW have a main QLD office, or is everything handled through the main Sydney one?

Since the GFC, there doesn't seem to be the same demand, or prices, they used to get.

A few years ago I was offered in the low-mid 5 figures for it. Similar plates (though not as good IMO) for gone for $10-15k a few years ago.

I'd imagine someone picking up a new M5, M6 or 7 series maybe would be the type to splurge on a rare plate to go with it.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

I was hoping for some feedback as to the effectiveness of the different sites. I found many places that would happily take my money to advertise the plate, but if no one uses them, or sees the ad, then it's just wasted money.

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    They don't appear to sell QLD plates, only NSW & VIC.

Have you used this mob? How long did it take to sell? Is the $50 fee worth it?

Thanks

nope, no experience in selling plates :-) (or buying)

Does anyone have any ideas where I can go, or even where I can ask where I can go? Has no one ever sold a personalised plate? Surely others have.