Thread: gearbox position P not engaged

Default gearbox position P not engaged

Hi all my car stalled and message came on screen saying " gear box position P not engaged " with a symbol of a car with a left and right arrow on top I was unable to find the meaning of this symbol and the other symbol was the engine in yellow (amber), I would try and restart the car, but it would happen again then but switching the engine off and on again I was able to drive home with no problem ,luckily it was a short drive .
    im waiting on a scanner to arrive that I have purchased, any ideas would be great, I've also tried to removed the fuses to try and reset ? but it was ok for a very short trip(around the block) and then it happened again.any help would be great thanks once again.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

checking google, for some BM's, it's when "you will get the error when the brake is not depressed & you try to shift into a drive gear. It is a warning to let you know the car is in neutral and can roll if the brakes are not applied."

What car is this in?

Hi it's a 2010 f10 528i, it stall while the car is in motion.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

sounds like a faulty module and/or brake switch...

https://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=514237

I would take it to an independent and get it scanned for errors.. Where abouts are you located?