BMW Australia has confirmed availability and details for the updated i3 120Ah line-up, scheduled to touch down locally early next year.As before, both standard 'i3' and 'i3s' variants will be offered, with the former kicking off at $68,700 before on-road costs, and the latter priced from $69,900 plus ORCs.Key upgrades include a new 42kWh lithium-ion battery pack, twice the capacity of the original i3. BMW claims the new power source allows for a 'real world' driving range of up to 260 kilometres, 60km more than the outgoing 90Ah version.The new battery system takes 19.5 hours to charge from 0 to 80 per cent using a domestic 1.8kW socket, 9.7 hours with a 3.7kW one-phase wall box, 3.2 hours with a three-phase 11kW wall box, and 42 minutes with a 50kW DC fast charger.Performance remains unchanged, with the standard i3 putting out 125kW and 250Nm from its electric motor, while the i3s makes a slightly peppier 135kW and 270Nm from its e-motor.BMW claims a 7.3-second sprint to 100km/h for the base model, and 6.9 seconds in 's' trim.As for equipment, the 2019 i3 range benefits from a specification upgrade, now including comfort access, wireless Apple CarPlay and wireless phone charging as standard.Carryover equipment highlights include Navigation System Professional, which incorporates a 10.25-inch infotainment display, ConnectedDrive suite with Concierge Services, the Driving Assistant Plus Package (low-speed AEB, adaptive cruise control with stop&go and speed sign recognition), and the Parking Assistant Package which includes a rear-view camera and automated parking assistant.Adaptive LED headlights with High Beam Assistant are optionally available though pricing is still TBC.For 2019 the i3 and i3s can now be had in 'Jucaro Beige' (pictured) with Frozen Grey accents, while the standard 'Loft' interior option gets a new 'Electronic' brown trim panel along with cloth/sensatec upholstery that comprises of almost 100 per cent recycled polyester.Meanwhile, the optional 'Suite' interior design picks up a refreshed colour pallette for the new model year, too, including Dark Truffle 'Vernasca' leather along with a choice of open-pore Eucalyptus or Oak Dark matte wood trims.The i3 120Ah line-up arrives in local showrooms from February. Click here for more images (overseas model shown)2019 BMW i3 pricing

• i3 120Ah (125kW/250Nm) $68,700
  • i3s 120Ah (135kW/270Nm) $69,900

All prices exclude on-road costsMORE: 2019 BMW i3 gains 42.2kWh (120Ah) battery in ParisMORE: BMW i3 news, reviews, comparisons and videoMORE: Everything BMW

More...