Thread: Battery for BMW E60 530i 2008

Thanks

Default Battery for BMW E60 530i 2008

I was in the market for a battery and went to Repco & Supercheap and they referred me to an equivalent Century battery but when I installed it I found that the new battery was shorter than the original. Also, the original is 640 CCA while the new one is 580 CCA. Did I get the right battery? The original is the white one in the attached pictures.

Original :

New :

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JDMils; 3rd January 2017 at 11:18 PM.
    |
    |
    +-- JDMils
    |
    +-- BMW 318i 1996 Sedan
    |

Thanks

have you used it, can you take it back?

I'm not sure if it's the right one, but I would suggest popping to batter World, they are great, and will check and install if you like..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jnrdavo For This Useful Post:

JDMils (4th January 2017)

Thanks

Thanks for your reply JnrDavo. I rang Battery World and they have the Yuasa 780 CCA for $335 and the AGB/Century 760 CCA for $399 but I don't know if I could bring myself to pay that amount for a battery. I think I'll stick with the one I've got for now considering I got it for $220 and my wife would be happier knowing I spent less.
    |
    |
    +-- JDMils
    |
    +-- BMW 318i 1996 Sedan
    |

Thanks

That looks like a DIN 75 or 85, if it hasnt been used, take the battery back and switch it for a bigger one. Take the original with you to match it if you have to. A lower CCA battery will work for a while but all batteries degrade over time. All cars will have a minimum CCA needed to start it so the higher the original CCA of the battery, the longer before it drops below this.

Quote Originally Posted by JDMils View Post
    Thanks for your reply JnrDavo. I rang Battery World and they have the Yuasa 780 CCA for $335 and the AGB/Century 760 CCA for $399 but I don't know if I could bring myself to pay that amount for a battery. I think I'll stick with the one I've got for now considering I got it for $220 and my wife would be happier knowing I spent less.
    I have ALWAYS stuck to " Never buy a battery with less CCA" as I have heard of others having issues, especially as the battery ages.
    MORE is always better

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thanks

yeah, especially if you live in a colder part of Oz..

https://www.autobatteries.com/en-us/...nking-amps-cca