Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997-2000 E46 318i RECALL

Hey guys
    I got a recall on my project baby for a faulty TAKATA Airbag inhalator.
    Mine was affected BMW are going to be paying market value that BMW pay to buy back the beamers.
    OR there is option 2 where they store your beamers until the airbag is available. Currently in Australia there is a 14 month with for the airbag.
    make sure you know your rights, speak to fair trade and they should supply you a link to the ACCC website for your rights.
    Beware as i have heard some pretty bad stories and i have heard some good ones.
    Just be wary guys

Market value us so subjective. Presumably if you want to keep the car and they don't have stock replacement bags, they would have to give you a loan car or a free rental car until they can replace?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jnrdavo View Post
      Market value us so subjective. Presumably if you want to keep the car and they don't have stock replacement bags, they would have to give you a loan car or a free rental car until they can replace?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yes that is correct, I got the full $3750 (redbook valuation) for mine only because i had the transmission rebuilt and a new alternator put in 4 months ago. they give you a loan or rental for 28 days. after that i don't know the full story, but another option is that you are reimbursed for alternate transport, but i don't know if their is a limit or not
      In total i got $6,000 (redbook + compensation)for mine as it was valued as very good condition. i have heard stories of BMW storing the cars and then people decide to store them at their own location and BMW wont return their cars.
      just be wary and get everything in writing.

Comment

I've also heard of somebody buying a really cheap one off gumtree, then going to BM and getting 'market value' and making a few thousand... There are always people that are going to 'work' the system...

Comment

https://www.accc.gov.au/media-releas...ag-safety-risk

this is the ACCC link but there are also other vehicles affected.

Comment

Working...
          X