Kustom Haus

My E39 540i Project and Build

Rate this Entry
Well hello guys and girls I am new here to the forum and would like to share my build and experience with working and modifying my car I had previously owned an E39 528i and I fell in love with the car my mods on the 528i were as follows after an over heating issue I pulled the motor from the car and proceeded to rebuild the engine it got a little out of control somewhere along the line I ended up ditching the block and buying a m50 iron block got it all cleaned up and decked incl. mild head work port and polish valve seats and so on then I had a brain storm and purchased a burt out m54b30 and put the crank piston rods and intake cam in the new build and I thought what if I used a thicker head gasket and put a turbo on it and thats when i think it started to become more than a rebuild the car turned out great but I have since sold the car and now I have this 540i so now she has all my attention, so I hope you guys will enjoy the ride as I document this build I will attach some pics of the car to see what she looks like and then I will photograph the mods as I go. My first thing I will be doing is the the coolant cross over pipes under the manifold as it is corroded really badly I may even do timing chain and guides I have not made my mind up about that she has 284,000 on the clock and I have no idea what work is done to it the chain seems tight and from what I see inside valve cover it looks really clean I may wait till I hear the dreaded rattle and do it then. So I have ordered parts for the start of my project I have on ordered coilovers, new head unit, drilled and slotted brakes, new coolant pipes, pump and thermostat, widscreen outer seal moulding trim, I will then get the car on the road I have some skirt front and rear bumper mods I want to try I will see how they go and possible front headlight mods. The clear coat needs attention I am not sure to touch up or repray ATM. So I hope you guys enjoy the Blog I will be doing ALL the work myself we ill see how I go.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180926_102538.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	778   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180926_102637.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	779   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180926_102710.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	780  
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments